Located in the heart of north Edmonton’s Lake District, just northeast of 82 Street and 167 Avenue, this condominium community offers a new wave of living with all the conveniences of the city. Positioned adjacent to an expansive park area, Northshore is just Northwest of Lake Schonsee and combines the comfort and tranquility of subdivision living with the convenience of urban living.
Community points of interest include:
- Namao Centre which includes retail shops such as Lowe’s Home Improvement, Sobeys, Marble Slab Creamery, and Bunches Flowers Co.
- A five-minute drive to Londonderry Mall and Londonderry Leisure Centre
- Community –oriented schools for starter families including Bishop Greschuk Catholic Elementary and Florence Hallock School
- Beautiful parks for summer picnics including Klarvatten Park and Poplar District Park and nine surrounding bodies of water for evening strolls or morning runs
- An easy commute north to access Anthony Henday and Edmonton’s military base or south to all of major hustle and bustle on 137 avenue and the Yellowhead Trail
The name Schonsee is derived from the German word "schon," meaning beautiful, and "see" meaning lake. A 1.8-hectare park is located north of the storm water lake, and a smaller hectare park is located on the northeast shore of the lake. These amenities provide residents with outdoor recreation space and easy access to trail systems in and around neighborhood.