Carrington Construction is seeking an experienced Senior Estimator for multi-family residential construction.
Multi-Family Residential Senior Estimator Qualifications/Experience:
- 5 + years of commercial construction and/or multi-family construction experience with a minimum of 3 years estimating experience for multi-family residential construction in Alberta, ideally in a fast paced production builder environment.
- Must have experience estimating mid-rise wood framed multi-family construction including below grade parkade structures. Experience with multi-story non-combustible building construction, tenant improvements and assisted living facilities is considered an asset.
- Must have general construction knowledge; understand construction materials and methods related to all scopes, systems and components necessary for the construction of a mid-rise multi-family project.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Building, Construction Management, Architectural Technologies, Quantity Surveying or equivalent from a recognized technical institute.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Alberta Building Codes.
- Capable of interpreting consultant drawings and specifications including architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil and landscaping disciplines.
- Must be able to interpret component and/or shop drawings with in conjunction with contract documents.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates and cost-to-complete reports.
- Expert working knowledge of Excel, and Bluebeam. Experience with MS Project is considered an asset. Ability to quickly learn how to navigate new software platforms is important.
- Accuracy is critical to the profitability of the business; under-estimates may cause financial losses and over-estimates may reduce our competitiveness.
- Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with a diverse group and personalities.
- Proven planning, communication, organizing, analytical decision making and negotiating skills.
- Experience with procurement and purchasing is considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Strong adaptability to ever changing workload demands is required.
Multi-Family Residential Senior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Prepare quantity surveys and take–offs, and perform cost estimations necessary to successfully carry out a construction project according to proposals, plans, and specifications.
- Prepare Project Cost estimates with varying levels of detail and accuracy – conceptual, preliminary and detailed
- Take ownership of the preparation of all tender documents on multi-family developments. Including preparation work scope packages and definitions based on the project drawings and specifications.
- Conduct tendering process, answer trade queries and provide work schedules.
- Propose changes and value engineering solutions driven from the tendering process.
- Prepare, review and analyze bids received for accuracy related to cost and scope. Obtain clarifications from bidders, and provide summary for bid comparison.
- Propose, track and record document changes and RFI’s.
- Review requests for customized price quotes based on adjustments to standard plans, specifications, and options and complete retail pricing for final acceptance.
- Manage daily workload based on predetermined deadlines and known daily tasks.
This full-time position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Carrington Construction provides a competitive compensation, benefits and RRSP package. Business Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title “Multi-Family Residential Senior Estimator”: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.