Carrington Construction is seeking an experienced Project Coordinator for multi-family residential construction.
As the Project Coordinator you will be responsible for supporting project activity, under the direction of the Project Manager. You are responsible to ensure documentation is organized, and the flow of information is efficiently moved and controlled between all stakeholders in the project. The Project Coordinator is a critical link between the field and the office often the point person when challenges arise during construction, ensuring they are resolved expeditiously.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of documentation and completion of applications, work orders and permits for Utility Providers, Municipalities or AHJ.
- Manage project documentation such as RFI’s, CCN’s, CO’s, SI’s and all Quality Control documentation. Management includes ensuring their timely circulation, implementation, storage and logging of these documents.
- Shop drawing and submittal review and coordination. Including circulation, distribution and logging of all submittals and shop drawings.
- Assist the project team in finding effective solutions to problems and resolve conflicts that arise during the course of construction.
- Participate in site meetings with trades and suppliers and ensure that meeting minutes are accurate and distributed within the required time frame.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of project Work Package block schedules and incorporate these updates into the overall project schedule.
- Assist in the development circulation and updating of completion schedules for specific units and ensure that this information is distributed to impacted trades and departments.
- Participate in site reviews and inspections, including audits of internal quality control documentation for accuracy and completeness with respect to the contract documents.
- Site administration providing support to project field staff for administrative activities.
- Collect, log and prepare all project close out documentation for turnover to the client; all warranties, maintenance and operation manuals, as-built drawings, commissioning and testing documentations.
- Other duties as required.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; an effective manager of your time able to meet deadlines for multiple competing priorities.
- Self-motivated; takes ownership of their role and responsibilities to deliver results.
- A Problem Solver; solution orientated individual who embraces the challenge of finding resolutions to problems daily.
- A team player; flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, and sees opportunities to help and jumps in.
- Passionate; about your role, your projects and the quality of the work you produce.
Project Coordinator Qualifications & Experience:
- Construction Engineering Technology diploma, or a technical diploma in a construction related field.
- Minimum two years of commercial or multi-family construction experience, preference for at least one year as a Project Coordinator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Project and Bluebeam Revu.
- Valid first aid certificate, and safety training from ACSA is considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and personal reliable transportation.
Project Coordinator Essential Requirements:
- Proficient ability in accurately interpreting drawings and specifications for all disciplines ASME Civil and Landscaping.
- Strong understanding of construction trades, terms, materials and methods
- Solid understanding of construction scheduling and planning concepts.
- Proven adaptability to manage priorities and sequencing in a changing work environment impacted by external business conditions.
- Meticulous attention to detail and systematic awareness of resulting impact on project flow.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for projects and project success.
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
This full-time position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Carrington Construction provides a competitive compensation, RRSP, and benefits package. Regular hours for this position are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday.