The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the President of Carrington Construction. Duties include but are not limited to executive reception, arranging travel plans, meeting minute-taking and distribution, scheduling appointments and drafting both internal and external correspondence. The Executive Assistant is also required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with employees, management and the public.
Executive Assistant Qualifications/Experience:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, required.
- 7+ years' experience as an Executive Assistant (only candidates with Executive Assistant experience will be considered).
- Previous experience in the home building and property management industry is considered an asset.
- Excellent public speaking skills is considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Strong customer service skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly resourceful, intuitive and flexible.
- Proven organizational and time management skills with a keen attention to details.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to the President.
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of the President.
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for the President.
- Provide support to the General Manager and department managers as required.
Assist with property and asset management.
- Coordinate logistics of meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, AGM’s and events.
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research.
- Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, mail, and visitors for the President.
- Review, evaluate, and distribute priority correspondence for the President.
- Facilitate communication from department managers, business unit leaders, and project managers.
- Complete expense reports, pay invoices, and other related duties.
- Take and transcribe dictation notes.
- Prepare and review presentations.
- Present a positive and professional image of the executive office to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other persons.
This full-time position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Carrington Construction provides a competitive compensation, RRSP, and benefits package. Regular hours for this position are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday, however flexibility for this position is required.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title “Executive Assistant” to: email@example.com or fill out the form below. We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.