Chief Financial Officer
Carrington Group is comprised of a diverse group of Companies specializing in many facets of real estate development.
The CFO will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the Carrington Group. Reporting to the CEO and the board of directors, the chief financial officer (CFO) will play a critical role in developing and implementing the financial strategy and investment criteria of all companies within the Carrington Group. As a member of the executive leadership team, the CFO will be an advisor to the divisional presidents and divisional controllers with direct involvement in the development and monitoring of the financial objectives of the Company.
Chief Financial Officer Responsibilities:
- Assist in ensuring the overall strategic direction of the company is met.
- Active participant in setting and monitoring the yearly objectives of the company.
- Manage corporate capital, including the sourcing of financing.
- Ensure that the overall budgeting, cost management and key performance indicators are in alignment with strategic plan as well as industry standards.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the divisional controllers.
- Oversee the preparation of the consolidated financial statements, Board reporting and any ad-hoc reporting.
- Expand on current financial policies and internal controls.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and other key stakeholders.
- Assist in selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
Chief Financial Officer Qualifications/Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position.
- CPA designation is required.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Driven leader with strong mentorship skills.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Experience in strategic planning.
- Experience in Real Estate/Home Building or Hospitality industry is an asset.
This position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Carrington Group of Companies provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title “Chief Financial Officer”: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.