Assistant Land Development Manager
Carrington Group is comprised of a diverse group of companies all successful in their own right, and combined have formed a powerful force in the housing industry. These include Carrington Communities (Condominiums), Bedrock Homes (Single Family and Townhomes), ONE80 Infill Developments, Carrington Homes (Condominiums and Single Family – B.C.), Carrington Resorts (Recreational Real Estate), and Carrington Land Developments (Edmonton and Kelowna, B.C.).
Carrington Land is currently looking for a highly experienced Assistant Land Development Manager.
Assistant Land Development Manger Qualifications/Experience:
- 3+ years of work experience from a variety of disciplines will be considered, including urban planning, engineering, construction, marketing, real estate, or banking.
- Degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Strong attention to detail; strong computer and organizational skills.
- Experience administering LotWorks or a similar online lot management tool considered an asset.
- Displays a high level of initiative and superior communication/ interpersonal skills.
- Negotiations and / or conflict resolution experience.
- Experience with, or training in, budgeting and other financial / accounting practices.
- Knowledge of basic engineering and/or urban planning principles is an asset.
- Experience in the land development approval process, or with a land development company, is an asset.
Assistant Land Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management of development projects including assisting with contracting and managing project consultants.
- Review and approve payables and ensure receivables are collected.
- Provide support in ensuring completion certificates (CCC/FAC) are obtained.
- Complete required documentation and provide supporting in obtaining project approvals for development from approving authorities, working with consultants/planners.
- Assess/research development problems and options for resolution, and determine actions to be taken, with guidance from the Land Manager.
- Assist with managing maintenance contractors and ensuring developments are maintained.
- Build long-term business relationships with builders, approving authorities, contract professional/technical people, and communities.
- Lead in development and adherence to Architectural Guidelines for each community
- Develop and implement community marketing plans and budgets through the coordination of internal and external resources.
- Work with builders (and marketing consultants as required) to market communities to the public (e.g. logos, brochures). Help to coordinate show home parades.
- Conduct market research on competitive communities regarding pricing, terms, developer incentives, sales absorption for various Lot types and configurations.
- Respond to inquiries from customers regarding developments.
This full-time position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Carrington Land provides a competitive compensation, benefits and RRSP package. Regular hours for this position are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title “Assistant Land Development Manager”: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No walk in applications please.
No agencies please.