The Carrington Group has over 45 years’ experience in real estate development with operations in single family, multi family, rental, and land development operations. We foster a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The Carrington Group is seeking an experienced Assistant Controller for the Land Development and Property Management division.
Assistant Controller Qualifications/Experience:
- University degree in Business/Accounting with professional accounting designation (CPA) preferred.
- Experience in full cycle accounting, financial analysis, budgeting and tax.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel. Sage 300 CRE experience is an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet set deadlines.
- Prior land development and property management experience is an asset.
Assistant Controller Responsibilities:
- Prepare, analyze and present, accurate and timely, financial information for quarterly and annual reports.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Manage and coordinate financial statements of multiple companies.
- Coordinate the year-end financial statement preparation.
- Complete monthly reconciliations
- Review and post entries for multiple companies.
- Liaison with external accountants.
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, reporting and key performance indicators.
- Assist the Controller in setting the priorities within the accounting group.
- With input from the CFO, work with the controller on the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
This full-time position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. We are located on the south side of Edmonton (Summerside). Carrington provides a competitive compensation, RRSP and benefits package. Business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title “Assistant Controller”: firstname.lastname@example.org
No walk in applications please. No agencies please.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.